ACRYLITE® Spectator Protection
ACRYLITE® spectator protection (RinkShield) acrylic sheet is the new standard in spectator shielding. ACRYLITE® RinkShield acrylic is engineered to meet ASTM F1703-13 testing. It holds up to puck and player impacts, provides greater flexibility than tempered glass, clearer viewing for fans and easier, quicker changeover operations for facilities.
ACRYLITE® spectator protection outperforms professional hockey deflection benchmarks for spectator shielding. A three-fold reduction in reaction forces over tempered glass significantly reduces the effect of impact on players and reducing injury. This is just one reason why arenas are making the switch from seamless glass to acrylic shielding systems.
Another reason is easy facility changeovers. Weighing 100 lbs. less per pane than glass, ACRYLITE® is easier to handle and fabricate. Facility personnel can customize acrylic shielding on-site for camera portals and rink entrance gates, allowing the arena to cut down on the amount of replacement stock they maintain.
Arenas with ACRYLITE® spectator protection (RinkShield)
- Budwiser Gardens - London, Ontario
- North Bay Centennial Arena - North Bay, Ontario
- Consol Energy Center - Pittsburgh, PA
- Castle Ice Center - Renton, WA
- Notre Dame Pepsi Arena - Indianapolis, IN
- Pepsi Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Liberty University - Lynchburgh, VA
- Meridian Center - St. Catharines, Ontario
- Sioux Falls Event Center - Sioux Falls, SD
- Outdoor Rink - Rosemount, IL